Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Staycation

I'm way behind on blogging/family journaling. The first week of December Ash stayed home from work for some quality time with us and a couple hrs a day of working on the basement (which is now done, way to go, hon!)
It was a great week. We made gingerbread houses and big breakfasts every morning. We visited the aquarium and Ash and I went to a Jazz game. We took the kids to Candlelight Christmas at This is the Place Heritage Park, where Eliza asked Santa for a whoopee cushion (he was a little stunned and gave me a look) so of course her siblings wanted the same. He brought her one. Why did I even spend money on other things? It's by far her favorite. :) Here are some other highlights of the week:

Micah gave Sarah some new layers in her hair; her bangs had almost grown out (sigh). Thank you, Amber, for coming to the rescue.


Temple Square lights w/ friends. I love all the different Nativities.



We took the kids to see some speed-skating trials in anticipation of Vancouver; really cool. Micah liked all the different flags.


Ice-skating, or in my case, hobbling around in tennis shoes. Sarah had no fear, even after falling.



Some good ol' sibling love when we went sledding (good thing there's no audio to this photo).



The Dinosaur Museum. This place never gets old.




2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love Staycations. We do those a lot (well, not a lot, just more than we do other vacations). I'm glad you guys had fun. I want to come see your basement. Oh, and sorry we were going so fast at the temple. I get cold and I speed up! I didn't take into considerations the 7 months of pregnancy and ice. Sorry for being so thoughtless! Next year we can stay home with the baby (I'll gladly stay home with your baby too) while the boys go sledding. :-)

Jillinda said...

Looks like you had a great time. I'm jealous about your basement. Maybe one of these days we will get our done. Are you taking a trip to Vancouver? Sounds like fun.