Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was really fun. Roger came into town about a week early, after a month-long rafting trip through the Grand Canyon. Rough life, I know. Ash was sweet enough to send us out for an evening of sibling bonding. We ate at Eva, my new favorite restaurant downtown. Seriously, check it out, that means you, Erin!



My parents and Kevin showed up a little later; Mom taught the kids to make crescent rolls on the big day. Sarah ate a lot of raw dough.



Sarah and Ash--she loves bowling, aside from the occasional finger smash.



Ash, Rog, and Kev went to a Utah Jazz/Portland Trailblazer game on Saturday. My brothers were, of course, rooting for Portland, but the Jazz whipped them. Later on in the weekend, Israel and Blind Pilot came to play at the Urban Lounge (that makes 3 Salt Lake shows this year!) so I went with my brothers. Here's Israel, Rog, and Kev shortly before the show. It was fantastic. The band stayed over w/ us and we all had a big breakfast the next morning before they had to hit the road.



Rog could tell I was wiped from all the visitors, so he cooked for us Monday: steak w/ grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms, spinach salad w/ candied walnuts, pesto tomatoes, and rosemary/garlic potatoes. I was in heaven. Ash even more so, because I have never fixed steak. After watching Rog, I think I could do it. Anyway, it was a great, busy week. But I am ready for a little break before the madness of Christmas.



6 comments:

Kelly said...

So, Eva? What kind of food do they have there? How fun. I still can't believe how many people you had at your house. You are a trooper. At least you didn't have to travel anywhere. Happy late Thanksgiving!!

Emily said...

So, how can I book Roger to come stay at my house and make dinner?

RaCeNMoMmY said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Jamie said...

There's nothing like being with family! I still need to try that Ava's myself.

Natalie N said...

What a great week! Hopefully you're resting up before even more holiday fun! How is the pregnancy treating you? When are you due again?

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

Wow- what an eventful Thanksgiving you guys had!! And a house full!! Are you ready for round 2:)!! Coming soon- we can't wait to see everyone!!