Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Eliza is 7, Fruitus

Eliza turned 7 almost a month ago. I can't quite get my mind around that; it feels so old. Here are some fun things about her at this age:
Eliza is the family comedian. She loves to call her dad Fruitus, who knows why. I was giving Ash the silent eyeball b/c he wasn't setting the example for the kids by eating his vegetables, and El picked up a piece and did the airplane-swoosh maneuver to him like you would with a 1 yr old.
Eliza still loves art and making books, cards, paintings, etc. She still loves to read and just finished, "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe". She is really into jokes and loves writing in her journal. She loves to wear her swimsuit at home when it's 34 degrees outside. She is becoming a great helper at home with chores and such and is really close with Micah and Sarah--they love to have campouts in the living room together. She is really excited for Luke to be born and has already volunteered to handle all the pee diapers, yay for me!
So on her birthday, Eliza was (surprise!) sick, a nasty 48 hour bug. She was a good sport about it; I just felt awful for her. Can't she catch a break? She missed box seats at a Utah Jazz game with Ash that night, but we made up for it just last week (see below). So we had a quiet day at home and read a lot of books together.

Her dear friends Paige and Taylor came to the rescue by decorating her bedroom with drawings and paper snowflakes while I took her for drive-thru ice cream. She was so surprised and felt really special.

We had a party with a bunch of her friends later on in the week--they had a blast. My ears are still ringing from all the screaming.

For El's birthday, Grammy sent us all to Color Me Mine, this neat place where the kids can paint pottery and come get it after it has been glazed. They were in heaven. Sarah was adamant about painting "an ice cream bowl."

When Eliza was feeling better, I took Micah, Sarah, and a couple of El's friends to have lunch with her at her school. Then another day I went on my own to lunch with her.

Ash and Eliza at the Jazz game; we never knew she was such a sports fan but Ash said she was really into it the entire time. Happy birthday, Liza! We love you to bits.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

It's funny, when I look at that picture of Ashley and Eliza I think whoa she looks like her dad! And then I look at that one with you and her and I think WHOA! She looks just like her mom. Sounds like her birthday was extra special, even with being sick on the actual day. We are so glad to know her. She is such an important person to Tay. We will have to make sure that they always remain close. Happy Day Eliza!