Monday, April 19, 2010

Chicken Mango Salad

I was sending these two recipes to my cousin and thought I'd share with everyone. My kids' favorite meal is the chicken mango salad, deeelicious.

Summer Squash Enchilada Casserole (Crock Pot)

1 TB olive oil
1 lg onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb zucchini, cut into rounds
1 lb yellow summer squash, cut into rounds
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1 c. corn
2 c. Monty Jack Cheese, shredded
2 c. mozzarella, shredded
3-4 c. canned green chile enchilada sauce
12 soft corn tortillas, cut into strips
8 oz. queso fresco

Saute onion 5 min, add garlic, zucch, yellow squash, oregano, cumin, saute another 5 minutes. Add corn for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix cheeses together. Layer: enchilada sauce, tortilla strips, enchilada sauce, veggies, cheese, about 4x. Cook on HIGH 2 hrs.

Chicken Mango Salad

1 romaine lettuce head (I do 1/2 and 1/2 with spinach)
3 tomatoes, diced
1 mango, diced, 2 is better
2 chicken breasts, cooked and seasoned w/ lemon pepper and salt
1 bag tortilla chips (to put on top of salad)
1/2 c. feta cheese
1 TB sesame seeds (I use more)

Dressing:
1/4 c. Dijon mustard
2 TB lime juice
1 tsp chili powder
3/4 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. white vinegar
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. white sugar
2 TB minced garlic
2 TB ginger powder
Blend well. I like to double the dressing, because it keeps forever so I keep it in my fridge for other salads as well. Feel free to share your favorite summer recipes!

4 comments:

Adri said...

Yummy... I am going to have to try those.

Natalie N said...

MMMMmmm! I love trying new recipes from trusted sources! Thanks for passing these along. :)

Jamie said...

Yum! Love new recipes. I have been trying to get my recipes organized lately and these will definitely be going in my stash. Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to make that salad this weekend.

precious said...

This is a pretty recipe! I would love to try this one.
dining tables